In the first of our special Christmas Bonanza Blogs our good friends at luxury vegan footwear designers Beyond Skin bring you some glamorous and gorgeous inspiration…
’Tis the season to be festive, as I’m sure you’ve noticed. One of the best things about the month of December is that the calendar is heavily embellished with parties and gatherings. As any ethical fashionista will know, these are the perfect excuse to get glammed up. Here at Beyond Skin, we make luxury vegan footwear from the finest materials, so we love finding fashion and make-up that’s both gorgeous and cruelty-free, proof that ethics and aesthetics can go hand in hand. Here’s two looks to give you a spot of outfit inspiration, using only high quality on-trend vegan fashion and make-up products.
This bold look has Christmassy accents in the colours and glittery textures whilst still maintaining simplicity, and it would work perfectly at a sit-down dinner event.
- Duran Dress in Corban, Reformation, £117.02. The confidence of the opulent colour is balanced by the simple design. What’s more, this dress is made from surplus fabric from fashion houses that over-order, so they’ve turned trash into treasure. This particular garment used 6734 gallons less water than the industry standard, and saved 43lbs of CO2. Pretty sweet, no?
- NSFW Lip Tar Matte, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, £13. The reviews for this particular colour by cruelty-free and vegan brand Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics are gushing. Crowned as the most balanced red lipstick by beauty bloggers, so by all accounts it sounds like a must-have.
- Victor Vegan Leather Clutch, Viva Creatures!, £177.52. This bag of geometric perfection will hold all your twilight-to-nightfall essentials, which is precisely the right time slot to have a party.
- Gwyneth Black Court Shoe, Beyond Skin, £155. Covered in luxury Italian fabric with a delicate Mary-Jane strap around the ankle, these shoes are elegance manifest. These are off the scale for versatility, so could be worn not just for Christmas parties, but for birthday parties and not-occassion-specific parties too.
- New Year’s Nail Polish, Little Ondine, £11. Ok, so this polish is actually called New Year’s, but technically that is part of the Christmas package. This glittery gold colour extends the dress to your nails, and easily rubs off. Plus, it’s all totally vegan and cruelty-free to boot.
UNDER THE MISTLETOE
This is A-list red carpet glamour through and through, and would easily stand up to the scrutiny of the paparazzi.
- Primrose Dress, Stella McCartney, £2,135. This design is drop dead gorgeous. It’s made with vegan-friendly materials, and scores top marks for sheer elegance. If I owned this dress, I’m not sure I could justify ever taking it off – it’s that beautiful. It is pricey, but it is luxury, and a girl can always dream.
- Redrum Liquid Lipstick, Jeffree Star Cosmetics, £14. This lipstick boasts some glittering 5* reviews form happy customers, and is 100% vegan and cruelty-free. Perfect for planting a big lipstick kiss on that lucky someone’s cheek under the mistletoe.
- Ellen High Red Court Shoes, Beyond Skin, £130. Natalie Portman wore these shoes in the cover fashion shoot for Harper’s Bazaar’s US August Issue. They’re covered in luxury Italian fabric and have a vegan suede big bow on each toe. Classically stylish.
- Bright Red Classic Nail Paint, Barry M, £2.99. This vegan red nail varnish is brighter than most, matching the hue of the big bows and the lipstick. Plus, red is undeniably festive.
- Simple Drop Earrings in Brass, People Tree, £15. These simple but effective gold earrings are handmade by skilled artisans by Bombolulu, a Fair Trade social business in Kenya that provides opportunities for people who have disabilities. Wonderful ethical jewellery.
Beyond Skin creates beautiful, luxury vegan footwear. Based in Brighton and Hove, they ship worldwide.