Our guest blogger Emily Tapp is back with another tasty recipe, this time using our creamy Hunky Punky Chocolate Ice Cream Alternative to pair with delicious Spiced Rum Oven Roasted Bananas. Enjoy!
Baked bananas are a quick, easy and incredibly fulfilling dessert (or breakfast – I won’t tell if you don’t).
It doesn’t really get much better than caramelised, gooey bananas roasted with rum and warm spices. Topped with crunchy hazelnuts and a scoop of Hunky Punky Chocolate Ice-Cream Alternative – this dessert is the more sophisticated, grown-up version of the bananas I ate from the disposable beach BBQ with my Grandad one summer when I was little; loaded with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
Grab a spoon and dig in…
SPICED RUM OVEN ROASTED BANANAS WITH HUNKY PUNKY CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM ALTERNATIVE (SERVES 1)
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp rum
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp agave/maple syrup (optional)
- A pinch each of ground cinnamon, mixed spice and ginger
- 1 scoop Hunky Punky Chocolate Ice-Cream Alternative
- Crushed hazelnuts, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Slice banana lengthwise and place on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl combine the vanilla extract, cinnamon, rum, mixed spice, ginger and agave or maple syrup, if using and stir together until smooth.
- Brush bananas with the spice paste and bake for 15 minutes..
- Carefully remove roasted bananas from the oven and enjoy the caramel deliciousness directly out of the peel with a spoon, a generous scoop of Booja Booja Hunky Punky Chocolate Ice-Cream Alternative and crushed hazelnuts.
You can view more of Emily’s work on her website, emilytapp.co.uk.